For the second time in a row, the Japanese passport is at the top of the list of world’s most powerful passports in 2019.
According to Henley Passport Index, which periodically measures the travel documents on a global scale, Japan has the world’s most travel-friendly passport, due to the fact that the Japanese passport offers visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 190 countries.
The majority of the top 10 countries on the list are from Asia and the European Union.
- Japan (190 countries)
- Singapore, South Korea (189 countries)
- France, Germany (188 countries)
- Denmark, Finland, Italy, Sweden (187 countries)
- Luxembourg, Spain (186 countries)
- Austria, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States (185 countries)
- Belgium, Canada, Greece, Ireland (184 countries)
- Czech Republic (183 countries)
- Malta (182 countries)
- Australia, Iceland, New Zealand (181 countries)